Council approved the promotion of a police officer, discussed and also addressed safety issues at a local intersection.
The following issues were discussed:
- Council approved an ordinance authorizing the submission of a grant application for a municipal building renovation and rehabilitation project.
- Council approved the status change of police officer Anthony Costa III from probationary to permanent position of sergeant.
- Council approved the resignation of police officer Daniel White.
- Swissvale Council candidate thanked the public works department for installing new bike racks in front of Typhoon Lighting in Regent Square, which are shaped to represent the three rivers of Pittsburgh.
- Council is starting to examine the borough's budget for next year. The budget is scheduled to go to vote Dec. 28.
- Mayor Deneen Swartzwelder reported that more than 3,000 sunflower seeds were harvested from a local community garden next to the The garden is coordinated by the Swissvale Garden Club and
- The intersection of Sanders and South Braddock Avenue will soon receive no parking signs in designated areas to help alleviate visibility problems for drivers.