Churchill Borough residents will begin recycling on April 1, 2013.
The recycling program through Republic Services will provide a large blue recycling tub to each residence about March 15, a few weeks before the recycling collection starts. Recyclables can be deposited in the tub with no separating or sorting needed.
Guidelines for recycling are:
- Glass bottles and jars
- Metal beverage and food cans
- Paper milk or juice containers
- Aluminum cans
- Egg cartons
- Plastic bottles (types 1 through 7)
- Paper from news; magazines; junk mail, dry, non-coated food paper
- Boxboard including tissue, dryer sheets, toothpaste, cereal, spaghetti, cracker and other dry food boxes
- All cardboard must be broken down so that it is flat and no more than 3-feet in length or width, and must be inside the can.
- Garbage, food waste, diapers, paper plates, hangers, old plastic toys
- Meat or cheese plastic wrapping or paper packaging
- Wax or plastic wrap or bags
- Freezer food packaging
- Plastic deli, product or take-out packaging or utensils
- Plastic bags or wrapping film
- Formed or pellet plastic foam packaging
- Window glass, ceramics or dishware, mirrors, light bulbs