Three women stole lotion, socks and bathrobes with a total value of $130.18 from the Kmart in Edgewood Towne Centre on Dec. 1.
According to Edgewood police, the women had no prior arrests. Kmart will handle the thefts through private prosecution.
In other Edgewood Police Department news from the last week:
- Edgewood police took a report for an iPad that was stolen Dec. 2 from the Wendy's in Edgewood Towne Centre.
- Two juveniles will face charges after a reported burglary in the 300 block of Chestnut Street. According to police, three youths fled the scene. They were located in Swissvale and taken into custody, then transported to Shuman Center. There was no indication whether the third juvenile will also face charges.
- Police received a report of juveniles throwing rocks near the corner of West Hutchinson and Pennwood avenues. They were gone by the time police arrived.
- Police responded to a report by a witness of a hit-and-run accident in the 1300 block of South Braddock Avenue. The victim's vehicle was never located but police did find the suspect's vehicle—a U-Haul truck—abandoned and blocking an alley. The truck was towed.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale Police Department with a report of a suspicious vehicle on Buena Vista Drive in Swissvale. A man fled the scene and Edgewood officers helped set up a perimeter.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale officers after two men jumped and fled from a vehicle that then crashed on Park Street. Police checked the area in an attempt to locate the men but were unsuccessful in finding them.
- The case of credit card fraud from Foot Locker and C.W. Price in Edgewood Towne Centre reported in a Patch story on Nov. 28 has been closed. Edgewood police report that the bank will absorb the $222 in losses and has declined prosecution.
- A female juvenile was stopped at Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre after she tried to conceal six makeup items valued at $30. Giant Eagle will pursue private prosecution.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale police with a reported possible child abduction incident in the 2200 block of Woodstock Avenue. The missing child was found later on Melrose Street in Swissvale. Police said she became lost after walking with friends.
- Four women arguing over a family matter in the 100 block of Pennwood Avenue were advised by police and sent on their way.
- A resident of East Swissvale Avenue came to the police station to report that a man living on South Braddock Avenue had been harassing her via text messages. Police contacted the man and advised him.
- Edgewood Volunteer Fire Department responded to the GetGo on South Braddock Avenue for a report of a vehicle with a ruptured fuel tank. Firefighters were able to contain the spill.
- A woman stole a hair dryer valued at $50 from Sally Beauty Supply in Edgewood Towne Centre.