A criminal complaint is being prepared against the mother of twin boys who died two weeks ago in a fatal fire in North Braddock.
According to WTAE-TV, District Attorney Stephen Zappala said Friday that Allegheny County fire marshals found that the fatal house fire on Jan. 4 started in a stove. The mother, who was ot home when the fire broke out, had told relatives she had just stepped out for a short period to look for her teenage daughter.
An ongoing investigation by county homicide detectives shows that the mother was gone for almost an hour, WTAE-TV reports. The mother suspected her daughter took some marijuana from her purse, and when the girl didn't come home after school, she went out in search of the teen, Zappala said.
Zappala said information from witness interviews indicated that the 3-year-old boys sometimes operated the stove themselves and cooked their own food.
investigators have said that Dy‘Heir Arthur died of burns and smoke inhalation. He was found in the kitchen on the first floor in the rear of the house. His twin, Ky‘Heir Arthur, who died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning, was found in a second-floor bedroom.
To see the full WTAE report, click here.