Edgewood emergency officials responded to a vehicle-pedestrian accident at the end of October—no one was hurt.
Acoording to police, a woman was struck by a vehicle on Coal Street and Swissvale Avenue when she was crossing the street. She was thrown to the ground and hit her head on the pavement when she was hit by a car.
The driver was not traveling fast and the woman declined to be transported to a hospital. The driver has not been charged.
The following information also was obtained from the Edgewood Police Department:
- Police assisted Swissvale police with 20 juveniles who were fighting at Woodstock Avenue and Calumet Street.
- A man was charged with retail theft after reportedly stealing items from Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre.
- A Lincoln Avenue resident reported that someone poured paint on his sidewalk.
- A domestic was reported at the Edgewood Town Centre Applebee's. A plate of food was thrown during the argument, but the couple was gone when police arrived.
- An Ivy Street resident reported damage to the molding and weather stripping of her vehicle.
- A man is facing charges after reportedly stealing a cellphone and three watches from the Edgewood Town Centre Kmart.
- A woman faces charges after reportedly stealing $2 worth of chicken legs from the Edgewood Town Centre Giant Eagle.
- A burglary was reported on Vine Street. The resident reported $100 worth of coins, sunglasses, camera, checkbook and more stolen.
- Retail theft was reported at the Edgewood Town Centre Giant Eagle. Someone tried stealing Orajel.
- A woman faces charges after reportedly stealing diapers from the Edgewood Town Centre Giant Eagle.
- A woman faces charges after reportedly stealing paperback books and Lipton tea bags from the Edgewood Town Centre Giant Eagle.