Lotion made things a bit slippery with Edgewood police for three local people last week.
A woman hit a phone pole in the 400 block of West Swissvale Avenue on Sept. 11, totaling her vehicle, according to a police report. She told police she was applying lotion when she lost control of the car.
In a separate incident, two juvenile girls were charged with retail theft after using a $3.99 bottle Jergens lotion on their arms and legs, then returning the product to the shelf at the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre. They were released to the custody of their aunt. The store will handle charges as a private prosecution.
In other police news:
- A chocolate Labrador retriever with no tags was found in a yard in the 400 block of Maple Avenue. Triangle Pet Control Service picked up the dog at the police station.
- A black Acura TSX was reported stolen from the 200 block of Dewey Street. The same car had been stolen three weeks ago and recovered in Wilkinsburg.
- The theft of $62 from a tip drawer at Super Nails in Edgewood Towne Center was reported to police.
- A woman attempted to remove five cosmetic items valued at $41.68 from the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre. The store will prosecute the case privately.
- A resident of the 500 block of Allenby Avenue reported that someone had removed a blue Gary Fisher Nirvana bike valued at $300 from the front yard of his home.
- A Willow Street resident found a man wandering on the street. After being checked by medics, he was taken home to Wilkinsburg.
- An OnStar in-vehicle assistance service reported a stolen vehicle was parked on the Swissvale side of Lacrosse Street. The vehicle owner retrieved the car.
- During a traffic stop, a person driving with a suspended license was cited for possession of a small amount of marijuana. The person also had a firearm in his possession with the proper permit.
- Police received a call about a pit bull being walked on Koenig Field. The owner was advised to find another place to walk the dog.
- Police were called to the Giant Eagle parking lot in Edgewood Towne Centre after a report of a dog left in a car. Upon arrival, the officer found the windows were cracked and the car was cool inside.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale Police Department with a domestic incident between a man and woman on Westmoreland Avenue. The man left for the night.
- A resident of Love Place reported that the back door lock of her home was open. Police found no evidence that the lock had been tampered with.
- A truck towing a trailer carrying a forklift got stuck inside the Race Street tunnel. The truck was removed and the drive cited by mail.
- Someone stole a license plate from a green Honda Accord while it was parked in the lot of R.A. Gongaware Garage sometime between Sept. 6 and 11.
- Edgewood police assisted Edgewood Fire Department with a call in the 100 block of Elm Street. Police said there was burnt food on the stove.
- A road rage incident was reported near the Edgewood Towne Centre Giant Eagle. The suspect was gone by the time police arrived.
- A resident of Edgewood Avenue called police to report that someone was playing pornographic movies at a loud volume. Police checked but could not hear the noise.