Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a foot pursuit in the 1800 block of Montier Street on Jan. 24.
Police took a juvenile into custody and recovered a 9mm loaded handgun. A Wilkinsburg officer was transported to the hospital for a possible broken ankle.
Because Wilkinsburg was short staffed due to the incident, Edgewood police also dealt with a domestic verbal dispute involving intoxication in the 700 block of Wallace Avenue in Wilkinsburg.
- Police assisted Edgewood Volunteer Fire Department at a residence in the 300 block of East Swissvale Avenue for burnt food on the stove.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police with a multi-vehicle crash on the Parkway East (I-376) westbound. The accident involved two passenger vehicles and a tractor trailer.
- An intoxicated woman at Applebee's in Edgewood Towne Centre caused a disturbance after being advised that the restaurant was closing for the night.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with an active shootout in the 700 block of Penn Avenue. No suspects or victims were located, but police found multiple shell casings and a pair of black Timberland boots.
- Police responded to a call about 9-year-old soliciting money outside the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre. He told police he was hungry. The child was taken to his home in Swissvale and turned over to his mother.
- A woman came to the police station to report that a purse she left behind in a shopping cart at the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre had been stolen.
- Police responded to a call about a blocked driveway in the 100 block of Linden Street. The car that was blocking the driveway was towed after police were unable to contact the vehicle's owner.
- Police responded to a call about a domestic argument in the 200 block of Coal Street.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale police with the apprehension of a suspect wanted on a warrant in the 2300 block of Woodstock Avenue. Five persons were taken into custody.
- Police responded to a verbal argument in the 200 block of Center Avenue. Two men were arguing over a female staying on the third floor of the residence.
- Police responded to a call in the 400 block of Edgewood Avenue. Three intoxicated people were arguing and two of them were removed from the residence.
- A driver was issued three non-traffic citations for disturbing the peace after a traffic stop on the Parkway East ramp. The police report noted the citations were for a drug offense.