An East Pittsburgh police car was damaged after an accident with a deer on Ardmore Boulevard in Forest Hills.
On April 7, Forest Hills police were dispatched the intersection of Ardmore Boulevard and Braddock Road after an East Pittsburgh police officer reported hitting a deer just before 4 a.m.
According to police, the marked 2011 police cruiser sustained major damage to the passenger headlight, front fender and hood.
The following incidents also were reported to the Forest Hills Police Department:
- A Lenox Avenue resident reported someone had slashed her vehicle tires overnight.
- A Forest Ridge Drive resident reported that her dog had been bitten by another dog on the road. The other dog's owner—also a Forest Ridge Drive resident—will receive a citation for an ordinance violation, dogs running at large.
- A Forest Ridge Drive resident reported a pitbull was on her second story porch roof. The dog had climbed out of a second floor bedroom window.
- Police were called to Atlantic Avenue after reports of loud music coming from an apartment. The resident was advised to turn the music down.
- Police and fire department officers responded to Kenmore Avenue after reports of a transformer on fire.