A manager at Villa, a store in Edgewood Towne Centre that specializes in exclusive footwear and urban wear, called Edgewood police Dec. 20 after being concerned that the large crowd gathered outside the store awaiting the release of new Air Jordan shoes might become disorderly.
Police checked the situation and found no problem, despite the large number of people in line.
In other police news:
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police department twice with a domestic incident in the 200 block of Franklin Avenue. A woman had stated she was going to shoot police and a man on the scene threatened to shoot someone.
- A 90-foot double tractor trailer attempted to make a wide turn onto Swissvale Avenue from Maple Avenue and sideswiped an occupied minivan. The driver was cited for exceeding weight limits set by borough ordinance on Maple Avenue and careless driving.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police with a two-vehicle accident on the Parkway East westbound.
- A vehicle traveling on South Braddock Avenue rear-ended a car stopped for the red light near the Wendy's in Edgewood Towne Centre. Police planned to issue a citation by mail to the driver for careless driving.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale police with a domestic dispute in the 1900 block of Delaware Avenue. Edgewood officers kept the parties separated until Swissvale officers arrived at the scene.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a domestic situation after a woman broke a window on a man's car in Wilkinsburg.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police with a three-vehicle accident on the Parkway East westbound. Two patients were transported for medical treatment by Eastern Area Prehospital Services.
- A 33-year-old man from Somerset was found unresponsive inside his rental truck in Edgewood Towne Centre. Police found heroin, needles, pills and a small amount of crack cocaine in his possession. The man was taken to UPMC Mercy for treatment. The vehicle was towed. Police plan to file charges via summons.
- Police responded to a hit-and-run accident after a parked vehicle was struck by an unknown vehicle in the 1100 block of Mifflin Avenue.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with crowd control and setting up a perimeter after a man was shot several times in the 1000 block of South Avenue.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale police with the pursuit of a vehicle stolen from Homestead. Police stopped the vehicle on Oakview Avenue and its three occupants were taken into custody.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle crash in the Kmart parking lot in Edgewood Towne Centre. The cars involved had only minor damage.
- Police responded to a verbal domestic incident in the 200 block of Center Street. Both parties were advised.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police with a two-vehicle accident with entrapment on the Parkway East. One of the cars was traveling the wrong direction, causing a head-on collision. Three occupants of the vehicles were taken to UPMC Mercy.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale police with a vehicle/pedestrian accident in front of the office building at Edgewood Towne Centre.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police after two men were seen entering an abandoned home in the 1100 block of South Avenue. Police report the men had been squatting in the home. They were evicted.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a burglary in progress in the 1300 block of Sherman Street. One suspect was reported to be inside the home.
- Police responded to a domestic disturbance between a father and son in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue. Police advised both parties and separated them within the residence.
- Police recovered a stolen green Ford Explorer in the 300 block of Laurel Street.