If you're anything like me—and many other Americans—it's not fall until you've had a pumpkin spice latte.
You could go out and buy one, but why do that? While browsing recipes online, I came across this great one from Recipe Girl, who has some fantastic, easy recipes for food favorites on her website. Here's the link, if you'd like to see her recipe, with photos.
Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot brewed, strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons half & half cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar, or more to taste
- whipped cream, optional
- ground nutmeg
Here's what you do:
1. In a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, spice and vanilla. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes—watch closely and remove it from the microwave when the milk is hot and frothy.
2. Pour the pumpkin milk into a tall mug or glass. Add hot coffee. Pour in the cream. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Stir, and taste. Add more sugar, if desired.
3. Optional, but oh so good ... add whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately!
To see the full recipe with photos, check it out on the Recipe Girl website.