In light of the overwhelming response to my last blog, I decided to continue discussing ways in which I remind myself that life does not owe me.
I came into this world discovering along the way my goals, passions, and dealing with the ups and downs of me to get to where I am now- a state of constant evolution with peace. Coming to the realization that the impediments that society and human beings throw at me are only obstacles, I know that I can jump over negativity, go around insecurity, and ultimately pass through intolerance with grace and dignity with two self- proclaiming statements…”I am the most unique thing that I have to pay attention to in this world. I might as well make something out of me.” I know what you might be saying; does this guy think he is an island unto himself? Not really…LOL.
However, I have to start with the epicenter of my ethos before I can look out upon the circumference of my intermediate and extended world. Each day I take time to meditate and pray about my place in the world and how my little voice can spark a revolution starting within me. I have come to the conclusion that I possess all that I need to rock my world and yours (figuratively speaking of course). Therefore, the correlation between my love for my loved ones and my zest for life has got to be realized, internalized, and actualized for a change to take place within myself.
The action steps that I deemed necessary for myself came over a wave of revelations consisting of intimate conversations with myself that evolved into moments of clarity and new harmonious spiritual beginnings. Try these steps on for size and let me know how you have integrated into your life the celebration of love within the universe.
- Figure Out Who You Are- Be Real for You!
- Decide What You Can & Can’t Control- Don't let what you don't have power over rule your emotions.
3. Make Your Anxiety Your Ally- In the words of Charles Spurgeon, "It has been said that our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength."
4. Be Brave & Take Risks- Nothing is gained while staying in a comfort zone always. Take some risks.
5. Think Analytically & Speak Positive- Critical thinking leaves to positive affirmations of actions that you wish to have in your life.
6. Smile & Be Courteous- Give them some charm and a little laughter to go along with that smile. It never hurts. ;-)
7. Don’t Accept Messages that Damage Your Self-Esteem- You and your network are the beauty that you wish to see in the world. Make it count with positive affirmations of valuing yourself.
8. The Moment Your Hear a Critical Remark Ask Yourself… "What’s on this person’s radar?" Assume that critical remarks arise from some shortcoming-whether yours or that of another. Remember that people can only criticize what’s on their radar and their radar may not be reliable. It’s unlikely that any criticism is based on an accurate perception of you. It’s more likely that the critic is reacting to emotions, memories, and behavior patterns that have almost nothing to do with where you are now. Don’t argue with the individual just say to yourself—I know who I am in this moment. Thus, if you decide to take their advice, the internal change that you wish to see within yourself will have a greater impact in the love you give to that individual and the world.
9. Spend Time Investing in Your Personal Growth
10. Figure Out & Solve Your Own Problems Before Those of Others
11. Think of Everything that Can Go Right Before You Think of What Could Go Wrong
For more, visit www.designingloveinc.com. We have excited activities coming up from events with Always Opening Doors(alwaysopeningdoors.com), gourmet food drop off services from Chef Shaun Forsett of SolaGratia (https://www.facebook.com/shaun.forsett), national television coverage for Designing Love, Inc., and a big announcement that will change the way we design all aspects of love for you. Stay tuned!