It's been quite frigid since 2012 began, but things are expected to warm up this week.
Expect above-freezing temps—in the upper 30s and 40s—to sweep through the area.
Here's a look at the extended forecast for the Forest Hills-Regent Square area from the National Weather Service:
- Monday—Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 34. West wind around 6 miles per hour becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Monday Night—Mostly clear, with a low around 23. South wind 3 to 5 miles per hour.
- Tuesday—Sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 3 to 7 miles per hour.
- Tuesday Night—Mostly clear, with a low around 28. South wind 3 to 5 miles per hour.
- Wednesday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night—Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday—Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Thursday Night—A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.