Several Forest Hills, Edgewood, Swissvale and Regent Square area nonprofit organizations are eligible to receive some extra donations from the Pittsburgh Foundation on Wednesday.
The foundation's will match a pro-rated amount of all money donated to specific organizations from midnight to 11:59 p.m. on the PittsburghGives Day of Giving.
Here are local entities that are eligible:
- Bach Choir of Pittsburgh, Inc.
- C.C. Mellor Memorial Library
- Edgewood Symphony
- Environmental Charter School at Frick Park
- Pittsburgh School for the Choral Arts
- Society of St Vincent de Paul, Madonna and Word of God Parishes
- Steel Valley Authority
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Pittsburgh Affiliate
- University of Pittsburgh
- Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
- F.O.L.L.O.W. – Friends of the Living Library of Wilkinsburg
- Habitat for Humanity – Pittsburgh
- Hosanna House
- Imani Christian Academy
- Metro Family Practice
- Milestone Centers Inc.
- Nine Mile Run Watershed Association
- Pace School
- Pittsburgh Urban Christian School, Inc.
- Residential Care Services Inc.
- Squonk Opera
- Three Rivers Center for Independent Living Inc.
- Wilkinsburg Community Development Corp
- Wilkinsburg Community Ministry
- Woodland Hills Foundation
- Wilkins School Community Center
- Yoga in Schools
- Braddock Carnegie Library Association
- Braddock Redux
- Eastern Area Adult Services, Inc.
- Heritage Community Initiatives
- Mon Valley Initiative
- Three Rivers Community Foundation
- Turtle Creek Valley MH/MR, Inc.
The minimum gift per organization is $25. The maximum gift that an individual can give per organization that will be matched is $10,000. Nonprofits will receive a check with total donations and Pittsburgh Foundation match within 30 days of Day of Giving.
For more information or to make a donation, visit www.pittsburghgives.org.