Trick-or-Treat Times Set for Patch Communities
See times for Forest Hills, Edgewood, Swissvale and other nearby communities. Also, check out some safety tips from the Edgewood Police Department.
As if the large bags and boxes of candy and snacks—not to mention the costumes and pumpkins—in local stores aren't enough of a reminder, Halloween is only 13 days away.
With so many communities sharing streets on their borders, it's good to know when Halloween is taking place in neighboring municipalities, too. (If you have the times for communities not listed, please post them in the comments section below.)
When is the trick-or-treat time in your community? Check our list:
- Forest Hills—Wednesday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m. Trick-or-treaters (and those accompanying them) are encouraged to wear reflective clothing.
- Edgewood—Wednesday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m. Residents are asked to turn on both their front and back porch lights during these hours and not to hesitate to call the police if they witness something suspicious.
- Swissvale—Wednesday, Oct. 31, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh/Regent Square—Wednesday, Oct. 31, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Churchill—Wednesday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Here are some tips from Edgewood Police Department featured in the Edgewood community newsletter to help make Halloween a safe and fun night for everyone:
- Costumes should be visible at night. Glow sticks or reflective material can be added to a child's costume.
- Look for costumes made of flame-retardant materials.
- Make sure your property is clear of tripping hazards and your path is well lit.
- When appropriate, parents should accompany their children and older children should use the buddy system.
- Inspect all candy before eating.
And don't forget to enter Patch's Best Halloween Costume Contest. We're searching for the best Halloween Costume in America. Enter yourself or your kids for a chance to win $5,000. Click here for details.