Teen with Cocaine Powder Caught Stealing Cosmetics
DUI accident with injuries, barking dog and other items from the Edgewood police log.
A 14-year-old was arrested for stealing $48.27 worth of cosmetics from the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre on Feb. 20—but the powder she had in her possession wasn't the cosmetic kind.
According to Edgewood police, the teen possessed seven pieces of suspected powder and crack cocaine at the time of her arrest for retail theft. Police filed a juvenile allegation and Shuman Center authorized her release to the custody of her mother.
In other police news:
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale police with a motor vehicle accident on South Braddock Avenue that was blocking a lane of traffic. Edgewood officers assisted with traffic patrol.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police officers with a vehicle crash on the Swissvale Parkway ramp. Police arrested the driver and charged him with driving under the influence. A passenger was transported to a local hospital with head and facial lacerations. The vehicle was towed from the scene by Culgan Towing. Edgewood Volunteer Fire Department provided traffic and cleanup assistance.
- A minor vehicle accident occurred at Edgewood Towne Centre in the Giant Eagle parking lot when one car backed out of a parking spot and hit a parked car. Both vehicle suffered only very minor damage.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg Police Department with a man who had been shot inside a vehicle on South Avenue at Ardmore Boulevard.
- A man driving with a suspended license because of a driving under the influence conviction was issued two citations after a traffic stop conducted by police.
- The driver's side mirror of a car parked in the 400 block of West Swissvale Avenue was damaged by a hit-and-run accident sometime overnight.
- Police responded to a complaint in the 400 block of Maple Avenue after the owners became argumentative about their barking Yorkie. They were advised they will be issued a citation if police receive another complaint about the dog barking.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police with a one-vehicle accident on the Parkway East. The vehicle had wrecked into a jersey barrier.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with taking a wanted man into custody on the Parkway ramp at Ardmore Boulevard. The man was wanted by Braddock police and the sheriff's office.
- A resident of the 100 block of Pennwood Avenue reported that kids in the upstairs apartment were making noise that were keeping her awake. The resident of the apartment above was advised by police to keep the noise down.
- A man reported that his gun went missing two months ago. Police are investigating.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a foot pursuit of a suspect in the 900 block of Franklln Avenue.
- A resident of the 1000 block of South Trenton Avenue reported that a suspicious man knocked on the door. The resident told police they were concerned about recent media reports. A neighbor told police the man was soliciting for Clean Water Action.
- Edgewood police assisted East Pittsburgh Police Department with a suspicious vehicle at Coal Street and East Swissvale Avenue.
- A resident of the 100 block of Elm Street reported receiving harassing phone calls.
- Edgewood police arrested a woman on charges of driving under the influence after a two-vehicle crash in the 1200 block of South Braddock Avenue. Charges were filed via summons.