Recipe of the Week: Breakfast Cookies
This yummy cookie is for breakfast.
Breakfast and cookies are two of my favorite things, so when I found Breakfast Cookies on Allrecipes.com., it was pretty exciting.
Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups oats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
Here's what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 baking sheets.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into the butter until completely blended. Add second egg with vanilla extract; continue beating. Continue beating while adding vegetable oil, honey, oats, whole wheat flour, ground flax seed, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, flax seeds, baking soda, and ground cinnamon, respectively. Fold raisins into the dough.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to create monster cookie size and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are just browning, about 20 minutes
To read the original recipe on AllRecipes.com, click here.