GameStop in Edgewood Towne Centre Robbed on Tuesday
Also, retail thefts and other items from the last week's Edgewood police blotter.
An armed man held up the GameStop in Edgewood Towne Centre on Tuesday and escaped with about $2,000 in cash and electronics.
Allegheny County police responded to help Edgewood Police Department with the investigation.
It's not the first time in recent years that the GameStop has been robbed. In September 2011, a Wilkinsburg man robbed the store armed with a stolen semi-automatic weapon.
In other Edgewood police news:
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police with a silver Nissan Altima that caught fire on the Parkway East.
- A woman was stopped in the Edgewood Towne Centre Giant Eagle for attempting to steal hot foods. The store will handle a private prosecution.
- Two women attempted to remove clothing from the Kmart in Edgewood Towne Centre. The store will handle a private prosecution.
- Edgewood police responded to a hit-and-run accident in front of the Regent Square Theater.
- A woman was caught stealing a chicken leg valued at $2 from the hot foods section of the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre. The store will handle a private prosecution.
- Police responded to the Dollar Tree in Edgewood Towne Centre after a customer broke merchandise inside the store and refused to leave or pay for the items. Police cited the woman for disorderly conduct. The store did not wish to seek restitution for the broken items.
- Edgewood police assisted the Pennsylvania State Police with a two-vehicle accident on the Parkway East when state police were unable to respond. One vehicle had heavy front-end damage.
- Edgewood police responded to a call to assist Wilkinsburg police with a report about multiple shots fired near the corner of Walnut and Montview Place. The report was unfounded.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a report of a man stabbed with scissors in the 700 block of Kelly Avenue. The scissors severed an artery. Allegheny County homicide officers were notified.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a domestic incident in the 700 block of South Avenue.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale Police Department for a report of shots fired in the 2000 block of Lafayette Street. Police took three suspects into custody, and recovered gun and drugs at the scene.
- Edgewood police assisted Swissvale police with a domestic incident in the 2300 block of Milligan Avenue.
- Police took two women into custody and planned to file charges of retail theft against them after taking merchandise from the Dollar Tree in Edgewood Towne Centre. The women also had items from Kmart and C.W. Price. Police planned to file charges via a summons.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a report of a man running after robbing another man near the intersection of Swissvale and Ross avenues. Edgewood police caught the suspect and detained him.
- Police responded to a report of a rock thrown through the front door window of the A&M Market at 320 Coal St. during what is believed to have been a break-in attempt. The damages are estimated at about $300.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a reported home invasion in the 2200 block of Laketon Road. The suspects fled out a back door and escaped.
- A woman told Edgewood police that someone stole her raincoat from an employee break room on Saturday afternoon.
- The owner of a gold Chrysler Town & Country got a surprise when the vehicle was towed and impounded by Culgan Towing in Swissvale due to $191 worth of unpaid parking tickets.
- Edgewood police are investigating a hit-and-run accident in the parking lot near Eat'n Park in Edgewood Towne Centre. A Jeep was rear ended by a black Cadillac or Hyundai.
- A resident reported a theft of a spare key from the inside of a Jeep Wrangler parked along Linden Avenue.
- Police responded to a domestic argument on West Swissvale Avenue.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with an armed robbery on Swissvale Avenue. The victim told police he was following two male suspects dressed in black and sporting bandanas. The suspects were gone before police arrived at the scene.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a report of shots fired on Laketon Road next to a Wilkinsburg patrol car while the officer was investigating an occupied vehicle.