Edgewood Police Assist Wilkinsburg Police Twice on Paul Court
Here are the weekly reports from Edgewood Police Department.
Edgewood police officers assisted Wilkinsburg police on a call reporting a male with a gunshot wound to his arm in the 1700 block of Paul Court on Sept. 6.
The man claimed the wound occurred during a fall and he was taken to an area hospital.
On Sept. 3, Edgewood also assisted Wilkinsburg officers after four men with guns threatened to shoot up the apartment complex in the 1700 block of Paul Court. Police were unable to locate the suspects.
In other news:
- A woman told police she was robbed by a man who stole her purse, keys and phone near the intersection of Hawthorn and Walnut
- Three juvenile males attempted to enter vehicles parked on East End Avenue. When police arrived, they found open alcohol containers. The youths were cited and released to their parents.
- Police were called to Applebee's in Edgewood Towne Centre to settle a customer dispute over a hair in the food. Applebee's staff did not charge the customer for the meal.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania State Police with a four-vehicle accident on the Parkway East (I-376) eastbound. There was one person injured by that person refused medical transport.
- Local police charged two men and a woman with driving under the influence. Edgewood, Swissvale and Rankin police each charged one of the drivers.
- A resident of the 100 block of Lincoln Avenue reported a neighbor's barking dogs. Police advised the resident to contact a code enforcement officers to check the number of animals housed in the residence.
- A Chevrolet Equinox was slightly damaged during a hit-and-run accident at the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre.
- Someone passed two counterfeit $20 bills on Sept. 4 at the Wendy's in Edgewood Towne Centre. Police turned the investigation over to the Secret Service.
- A woman was arrested for retail theft at the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre after she allegedly stole two bottles of seasoning valued at $8.25. The store will prosecute.
- A theft was reported from a locker at Planet Fitness in Edgewood Towne Centre. The items stolen from an unsecured locker include car keys, a gym bag and a phone.
- Edgewood officers assisted Swissvale Police Department with a report of a vehicle crashed into a fence at the Arby's on South Braddock Avenue. Two men fled on foot. One firearm was recovered.
- A 12-foot-long aluminum ramp was stolen from a sidewalk in front of a residence in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue. The sidewalk is under construction.
- A woman attempted to leave the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre with $91.02 in merchandise. The store will pursue a private prosecution.
- A large water main break occurred in the 500 block of Greendale Avenue. The roadway was shut down until Wilkinsburg-Penn Joint Water Authority arrived to shut off the water.
More Edgewood police news will be posted on Patch on Wednesday.