Edgewood Police Assist Swissvale with Pizza Driver Robbery Incident
Missing boy and accidents also in this week's Edgewood police blotter.
Edgewood officers assisted Swissvale police after a Veltri's Pizza driver was robbed at gunpoint.
A crowd formed after police checked a residence in the 7300 block of Burton Street for suspects. Edgewood officers assisted with crowd control. At 1:11 a.m., a search warrant was executed.
A handgun, shotgun, pizza boxes/bag and the victim's wallet were recovered. Two suspects were taken into custody.
In other news from Edgewood police department:
- Edgewood police assisted officers from Rankin Police Department in a search for a missing 6-year-old boy. The boy walked away from his Rankin home without anyone's knowledge. Rankin police asked Edgewood officers to check the area of Edgewood Elementary School in the event he tried to walk to school. He was located a short time later in Rankin.
- Edgewood officers assisted Swissvale police with a verbal domestic dispute in the 7700 block of Stanton Avenue.
- A Wilkinsburg Borough dump truck and Ford Explorer were in a minor accident without injuries at the intersection of Pennwood Avenue and Race Street. No one was injured.
- Edgewood police issued a woman a citation for driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop on Whipple Street in Swissvale. The woman failed to yield and stop coming from the Parkway East. She was traveling with no lights and recent damage to her vehicle.
- Police responded to a call for a verbal domestic dispute in the 300 block of East Swissvale Avenue. An emergency protection from abuse order was issued and one of the parties was removed from the house and transported to the Resolve Crisis Center.
- A runaway from West Mifflin was located at the Applebee's restaurant in Edgewood Towne Centre. He was with his grandfather and later returned to his mother.
- A man and woman were involved in a verbal argument. Edgewood police removed the man from the apartment and transported him to Resolve Crisis Center in Wilkinsburg.
- The owner of a black Honda Accord called police to report her car was scratched by another vehicle's door that was opened by a child. Officers could not determine if the damage was caused by that incident. Both parties were advised to contact their insurance companies.
- Police responded to a disturbance at Kmart between a 48-year-old male customer and a manager concerning a necklace that was advertised but no longer in stock. The dispute was settled before police arrived.
- Edgewood officers assisted Wilkinsburg police with a traffic stop at the corner of Ross Avenue. Six people were inside the vehicle. A gun was recovered and a warrant arrest made.
- Edgewood officers assisted Wilkinsburg police at a motor vehicle accident scene where people were fighting in the street. Both vehicles were totaled. Ten people were advised. One driving under the influence arrest was made.
- A green Nissan Sentra parked on West Swissvale Avenue had its side mirror broken off in a hit-and-run accident.
- An egg was thrown at the window of a home on West Swissvale Avenue. There was no damage.