Car, Gun Stolen from Savannah Avenue in Edgewood
Also, home invasion, possible stolen scrap metal and minor gas leak in home in this week's Edgewood police blotter.
A resident of the 1000 block of Savannah Avenue in Edgewood reported Feb. 12 that someone stole his 1998 green Subaru Legacy.
In other police news this week:
- A patron at Edgewood Towne Centre had a wallet stolen from his parked car in the lot next to Giant Eagle. The wallet contained more than $800 cash and two credit cards. The discarded wallet was found by a passerby.
- Edgewood police assisted Pennsylvania state constables with serving an arrest warrant for two brothers—Ariel and Samson Johnson—wanted in connection with an armed robbery. The warrant listed an Elm Street address in Edgewood but Ariel Johnson was taken into custody in the 400 block of Pitt Street in Wilkinsburg. Samson Johnson was not located.
- Police were dispatched to Love Place for a report of two men fist fighting. They did not find a fight upon arrival but, after stopping one of the vehicles involved, police found a man in possession of a small amount of marijuana. He was issued a citation and released.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg police with a burglary call. Someone threw a rock through a store window in the 900 block of Wood Street and stole a large amount of cigarettes from inside.
- A man entered an unlocked kitchen window at a home in the 400 block of Morris Street but was scared off by an audible alarm. He fled the scene on foot. The home was occupied at the time of the break-in. A Penn Hills K-9 patrol was brought in to try to track the suspect but was unsuccessful. The Allegheny County Mobile crime lab was able to lift an index fingerprint from a kitchen window.
- A woman attempted to steal three items valued at about $11 from the Giant Eagle in Edgewood Towne Centre. Giant Eagle will handle the incident through private prosecution.
- A traffic stop turned into a bigger incident in the 400 block of Maple Avenue. The driver's license had been suspended because of driving under the influence and the vehicle contained some scrap metal that was possibly stolen from Rankin. Police impounded the vehicle. The driver was issued a citation and released.
- Two men got into a fight over use of the exercise machines at Planet Fitness in Edgewood Towne Centre. The incident was cleared by the time police arrived.
- Police arrested a man for possessing a small amount of crack cocaine after he was involved in a minor accident on Coal Street.
- Edgewood firefighters found that a home in the 800 block of East Hutchinson Avenue had a small gas leak in the stove after responding to the scene where a 72-year-old woman had fallen in her living room. The gas company responded to fix the problem.