Power Wheels Stolen from Greendale Property
Here are the weekly reports from Edgewood Police Department.
- It wasn't grand theft auto, but someone did take a black quad-style Power Wheels from the yard of a home in the 500 block of Greendale Avenue the afternoon on Aug. 26.
- A resident of the 1100 block of East End Avenue called police to report that someone had come in to the house through the back door but was scared away by dogs. The resident was not able to provide a description of the intruder. The area was checked but no one was located.
- One person was transported to UPMC Mercy after a motor vehicle accident on the Edgewood off ramp. Edgewood police assisted the Pennsylvania State Police with the incident.
- Police were called to Wendy's in Edgewood Towne Centre because two employees were arguing over money. One of the employees had an outstanding warrant and was transported first to the police station, then released to the Allegheny County Sheriff's Department.
- Police pulled over a vehicle for having no tail lights and discovered the passenger, Andrew Campbell, no address given, had a used stamp bag of heroin and used needles. He was cited for disorderly conduct.
- George Garrett was found lying in the middle of the parking lot at the Edgewood Towne Centre Giant Eagle and placed in custody when he refused to listen to police officers. He was released several hours later when police determined he was sober. Garrett was charged with public drunkenness.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg Police Department at the intersection of Coal Street and Wallace Avenue, the scene of a triple shooting incident that killed one person.
- A sick raccoon was "dispatched" in the rear of a home in the 100 block of West Hutchinson Avenue.
- A Port Authority bus was hit by a passing school bus in Regent Square. The driver's side mirrors of both buses were damaged.
- Edgewood police assisted the Pennsylvania State Police after a female complained of neck and shoulder pain following an accident on the Parkway East westbound.
- A driver was detained by police after a traffic stop near the intersection of West Swissvale Avenue and McKay Street. Police said he exited the vehicle in an aggressive manner. Police released him later and plan to cite him by mail.
- A man attempting to park in front of C.C. Mellor Library struck a legally parked Goodwill van. There were no injuries and only minor damage to the vehicles.
- A man was taken into custody and transported to the Allegheny County Jail after being arrested on a charge of retail theft at Sally's Beauty Supply in Edgewood Towne Centre.
- Janelle Miles was cited for criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after destroying the inside of Super Nails and breaking $340 worth of nail polish bottles.
- Teanna Corinealdi was charged with retail theft after stealing a bottle of liquor valued at $12.83 from the Wine & Spirits store. She is accused of fleeing the scene on foot. Police finally apprehended her on Schoyer Avenue and cited, then released her.
- Three youths stole a Nerf gun from the front porch of a home in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue. They were gone when police arrived.
- A driver backed a vehicle off the on ramp along West Swissvale Avenue, struck a parked car, and then fled the scene.
- Edgewood police assisted Wilkinsburg Police Department on a call for a possible burglary in progress in the 1100 block of Walnut Street. While en route, a Wilkinsburg officer's car was almost struck by another car near the corner of Swissvale and South avenues. The driver bailed from the car and fled on foot. He was not apprehended.