There are so many organizations that work for the betterment of the communities in the Forest Hills-Regent Square area.
At Patch, we provide event listings for these groups, as well as stories. But there are less newsworthy things happening that might be important to you if you belong to or take an interest in specific organizations or institutions.
In today's social media age, Facebook can be one of the best ways to find out what these groups are up to on a day-to-day basis. Here are a few to follow, in no particular order, if you haven't already:
- Nine Mile Run Watershed Association
- Woodland Hills High School
- C.C. Mellor Memorial Library
- Swissvale Police Department
- Animal Rescue League
- Woodland Hills EMS
- Wilkins School Community Center
- Environmental Charter School
- Woodland Hills Football Boosters
- Steel Valley Authority
- Edgewood Foundation
- Woodland Hills Football Network
- Swissvale Community Days
- Woodland Hills Musical
- Mon Valley Initiative
- Swissvale Moose Lodge 416
- Edgewood Symphony Orchestra
- Swissvale Rotary
- Mifflin Avenue United Methodist Church
- Wilkinsburg Christian Housing
- Trinity Christian School
- Pittsburgh Filmmakers (Regent Square Theater)
- Pace School
- Union Baptist Church
- The Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
Tomorrow (Wednesday): 25 Local Places to "Follow" on Twitter.
Also, check out "30 Local Businesses to "Like" on Facebook."
Did we miss your organization's Facebook page? Share the link in the comments section.